Saturday, January 5

Dressing For 2013




To welcome all you fashion fanatics to the new year, I thought I’d do some research on the next big thing in fashion for the year 2013. Especially since I couldn’t sit well with emerald being the pantone of the year- how do they expect me, a morena at its finest, to stomach emerald? I don’t know yet, but I will try my hardest.

In all honesty, I’m not such a big fan of trends. I like to hold off trends until they’ve died down or before they start or hardly at all. Last year, silhouettes were a really big deal and so were detachable collars, tie-dyed bikers shorts and whatnot- all which until now, I own none of. I’ve always been sort of a sloppy dresser, always in something too big or too boyish, if boho ever made it’s comeback, I’d be a shoe-in!

But I made a promise to start dressing more maturely this year. By this I mean, I promised Paolo I would dress more femininely and until now, I am still trying to figure out what the hell that means. And according to my research, if I am going to abide by any trend, 2013 is going to be that year!

[source: http://weconnectfashion.com/fido/getarticle.fcn?&type=trends&SearchString=S/S+2013&id=737870PW0000094&start=5&tr=8]

PIN UP GIRLS, DRIVING MISS DAISY AND EVERYTHING FANCY SHMANCY!

The 50's are IN and SO AM I!


From the runway


Color palette for 1950's dressing

On other news, here are some of their fashion forecasts:

One way- ALL the way:  Last year’s fashion had to do with a lot of color blocking. Bright hues on top of bright hues and lots of neon. This year, I am glad to say we can all take a break from that a dress down in one colored pieces. Black on black? I am in.

Pattern palooza: I’m guessing this goes beyond the floral patterned pants. I want bold patterned silk pants, I’m thinking Andy Warhol on my jeans and suite then it’ll be a good day!

Futurama drama: If we can’t live it yet (flying cars and teletransporting), then I guess we can always dress it! I guess my metallic pants weren’t such a risqué buy after all. Cannot wait to buy myself these:





Bare-ing it: Mid-riffs, Bralets, Peek-a-boo cut outs. I pass. Or… I baring my back is good enough, right?

In Darkness There Is Light: This year has soo much variety, I’m loving it! We’ve got a lot of mixing and matching going on for this year, folks. There seems to be some romance going on between our brights and blacks- opposites I am willing to work with.
Sporty Spice: 4 words: THIS IS MY YEAR!
Leather It Up: Leather shorts, leather pants, leather skirts, leather dresses, leather tops. I think I just died.
If you’re asking me for my verdict, I would definitely have to say that this year was made for power dressing and making big BIG statements. There is definitely no room for mediocrity when it comes to dressing anymore, people. IT’S TIME TO GO BIG OR GO HOME!

What are you excited for?

4 comments:

  1. Pressure much. Haha! I need a wardrobe overhaul diay ani. XD

    Happy New Year, Issa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAG SHOPPING NATA. But first, let's get rich!

      Delete